Can't find what you're looking for? Please let us know by completing a content request form. A customer representative will send a response to your email address within 2-5 business days.
In the meantime, we recommend you try the following steps:
- Check your spelling. If you aren't sure about the spelling of a word, try typing the first few letters of that word in the search field. The search mechanism used by this site supports “begins with” searches, meaning any item beginning with the same letters is a match. For example, typing the word “spin” will match items containing the keywords “spine” and “spinal.”
- Check the language. Your search term may be in a language different from the current search language, which is set to English. Try your search again with the language:
- Check to see if your search is being limited by Type in the advanced search filters. If the type of content is too narrow, the return results will be smaller. Try setting the type filter to “All Types.”
- Use the singular form of a term. Using a plural form will normally return a result, however, certain medical terms are optimized for their singular forms, particularly Latin-derived words. For example, use “epididymis” rather than “epididymes,” or “aorta” rather than “aorti.”
- If your search yields no matches, particularly for body structures or medical procedures named after people, try common synonyms (words that mean the same thing) for the words. For example, if your search for “hangman's fracture” yields no matches, try “cervical fracture” instead.
You may also consider checking one of our other Health Animations sites.
Please note: We record searches yielding no results and use them to determine what images should be added in the future. Be sure to check back regularly to see the latest additions.